Slow Roasted Rolled Belly of PorkWiltshire Bacon Co
Pork Belly – Seasoned and Roasted to Perfection
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: About 3 Hours
- 1 Stick of Celery
- A Generous Amount of Black Pepper
- 1 Table Spoon of Sea Salt
- 1 Bunch of Oregano
- 1 Bunch of Basil
- 3 Table Spoons of Olive Oil
- 2kg of Pork Belly
- 50cm Butchers String
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Chop Celery into rings and Sauté with herbs, Pepper and Salt with half the Olive Oil.
- Place the Pork Belly skin down on your chopping board, generously apply and rub the sautéed herb mix onto the pork meat.
- Carefully Roll up and tie tightly with the butcher’s string.
- Leave to marinate overnight or alternatively cook as it is.
- Rub the remaining Olive oil on the skin and apply a generous amount of Sea Salt.
- Place in the oven on a rack or in a deep tray for half an hour.
- Lower the heat to 160C/Gas 4 for 2 hours.
- For the final 2 hours turn the heat up to 220C/Gas 7.
- Leave to rest for 10 Minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Carve up and present on a serving board/platter.